Sunday 3 June 2012

Cats & Butterflies

It's been a looooong time since I last posted - and that's because I have been so busy with other things - not least of all welcoming 2 new additions to the Jones household - meet Charlie Guard & Millie the Minx! After losing our beloved & aged moggy, Pushkin, at the beginning of March we just couldn't bear being without beasts any longer - a catless house does not a home make. So we adopted this brother & sister team from  Bridgend Cats Protection Adoption Centre  - they arrived last Sunday and we are doing as we are told!!! Cats Protection do a great job caring for and re-homing moggies & kittens - unfortunately the current economic climate has seen an increase in abandonment and a 50% reduction in adoption rates - so if you are able to offer one or two (I recommend getting a couple - it's so entertaining watching them interact with each other!) a home, then you can find your local Cats Protection branch here. And if you can't house any, donations are always welcome and much needed.



 

 

Had a lovely day here in the 'Craft Roost' with my good friend Jane. We spent the day trying out some prototypes for butterfly themed tags/bookmarks which can then be made to sell in support for Singleton Hospital Breast Care unit. Here's the one I'm putting together shown next to the original paper collage 'draft' version.




It's great fun working on such a small scale. I've printed/coloured the fabrics myself and used a bit of painted bondaweb (there's a change!!) for the butterfly shapes. Just need to finish it now with a backing, satin stitch edge and a tassel - and I'll post a pic of the finished item soon.

Some of you may recognise the turquoise and orange hand dyed fabric from another project - great to be able to find a use for left-over scraps.This pelmet is actually finished - I'll post a pic of it when I get a mo!





1 comment:

  1. I love these tags Donna, I think this should be a project when the 'Stitches Coven' workshops commence in September.

    It would be lovely if we all created a series of these ready for our future exhibitions. Oh yes! More BIG ideas for Stitches Coven!! Individual creations that have our 'artist statements' on the back. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete