Saturday 9 June 2012

Slow progress and procrastination!


 Well, we have a very short term and little time for getting our projects done. I need to be forging on with my felt hanging but am finding it hard, as is usually my way, to get started. So I've been doing some of the 'homework' instead and looking at the work of Scottish felt artist Moy Mackay, and I've done a few pages for my sketchbook about her and featuring some of her work.

I also bought her book Art in Felt & Stitch which is really informative from a techniques perspective, but is also worth getting just for the generous number of glossy pictures of her artworks that it includes. I love her use of colour, and also the level of detail she achieves with her felted 'paintings'. I'm going to try a few samples of these techniques for my cat and bleeding heart plant theme - but I'm not anticipating it'll come out looking anywhere near as good as any of Moy's gorgeous pieces!

So first thing is to come up with a colour scheme, and then I really need to stop procrastinating, do some sampling and come up with a final design - and all by Thursday!!!!

How are you guys getting on - you are so very quiet!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna

    Please post images of the felted leaves that you created at college, they were great!

    ReplyDelete