Wednesday 14 March 2012

Oops this was a landscape image, it's suddenly decided it wants to be portrait!  You may have to twist your head to explore this one?  Hmmmn  I'll have to learn how to rotate images within the blog.

This is my second piece of artwork for Alison Moger's, Cefn Coed Project.  The old Mumble's lifeboat station being my inspiration.  I have a much loved photo on my iphone taken the day that Mumble's Pier closed for renovation, which I used to create the piece. I start with a small sheet of white poly cotton and used water colour paints for the blue sea, sky and the pier supporting the station. I used bits of scrap fabric to applique the  lifeboat station  and with simple machine stitching and a very thin wadding, created this soft, simple quilted image.  It was very quickly created , I quite like the rough finish and I hope it will look good when framed.

2 comments:

  1. Instantly recognizable as Mumbles lifeboat station with its red roof! You have been a busy bunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I should have been getting on with my college work. Ooops!

      Delete